How Can I Fix My HP Printer Says Offline on Windows 10
Yes, HP printer offline error on Windows 10 and Mac frustrates users for sure. It is one of the common problems faced by 50% of wireless printer users. In this case, the printer does not allow you to print. So, for HP printer offline fix windows 10 status, follow the solutions carefully, and resolve it quickly.
Methods to Fix HP Printer Says Offline Error on Windows 10 or Mac
Avail of all possible solutions to fix my HP printer says offline error message on Windows 10, 8, 7, and Mac. The printer keeps going offline message mostly appears on Envy 500, 4520, and Officejet 8710, 3830. So, without wasting your time, follow the instructions from each method to regain the printer online status.
Tip-1] Check the Cable Connections
Ensure the accurate connectivity of the printer device and system to avoid HP printer offline error. Therefore, follow the steps for printer connectivity to avoid offline status on Windows 10.
• Ensure the correct network connectivity between the printer and the system.
• Moreover, examine all the USB connections made correctly.
• If you are using a wireless printer then make sure the internet and router work precisely.
Avail the next solution to troubleshoot HP wireless printer offline message on windows 10.
Tip-2] Restart HP Wireless Printer, Router to Fix Offline Error Message
If your system is unable to discover the wireless printer over a Wi-fi connection. Then you are supposed to restart your system, printer device, and router. After that, you required to make a new connection between them.
NOTE: While troubleshooting the network connection to fix the printer showing the offline message, you need to connect the printer directly to the wireless network.
• Firstly, turn OFF your wireless printer then wait for at least 20 seconds.
• Next, you expected to disconnect the power cable from the printer's rear end.
• Now, turn OFF the system from which you were trying to print documents.
• Then, connect the power cable to the rear side of the printer. Now, turn ON the printer.
• Now, disconnect the power cable of the wireless router and wait for 20 seconds.
• Next, reconnect the power cord to the wi-fi router.
NOTE: You have to wait until the internet service restored.
• Finally, turn ON your system.
Your system, printer, and network are ready to make a new connection. So, continue to the next method.
Tip-3] Get HP Print and Scan Doctor to Fix Printer Always Offline
You need to download the specific version of HP Print and Scan Doctor Software. It particularly created to help users to fix printer always offline status to online on Windows 10 or Mac.
• First, download the HP Print and Scan Doctor Software.
• Next, you are supposed to run HPPSdr.exe from the downloaded location on your system.
• When HP Print and Scan Doctor opens up, click Start, and then choose your wireless printer.
• If your printer does not recognize by the system, then turn it OFF and ON, then click on Retry.
• While you found printer is not connected correctly, then follow the instructions from HP Print and Scan Doctor Software
• When a message on the screen advises you to turn on the printer updates, click Yes.
• When a message on the screen suggests you, set your printer as default, click Yes.
• Finally, try to print a document. If the printer appears offline, then continue to the next method to fix it.
Tip-4] Manually Set Your Printer As Default on Windows 10
Examine that your HP printer set as the default property to avoid the printer keeps going offline on Windows 10.
• Firstly search for Devices and then click on Printer and Scanners from the set of shown results.
• If it is marked as checked, uncheck the box near Let Windows manage my default printer.
• Look for your printer name from the list of printers, and then click on the Manage button.
• If there are so many printers with the same name, then you need to choose the printer which has a status idle or online.
• Next, under manage your wireless printer device, click on set as default.
• Again, try to print any document. If the printer still keeps showing offline, then follow the next method.
Tip-5] Examine Printer For Ink Cartridge and Paper Jam Problem
Check your printer for incompatible cartridge error and paper jam problem so that you can fix HP printer offline issue.
• Firstly, turn on your HP wireless/wired printer. Make sure all the physical and wireless connections done correctly.
• Examine all the cable connections for loose cables and then reconnect them properly for better connectivity.
• Next, check the input tray for the right stock of papers. Add more papers to the tray if required.
• Look inside the printer to recognize any of the paper jams. Clear the paper jam problem if you discover any.
• Open the rear side of the printer then check for incompatible ink cartridge error. Also, examine the levels of ink inside cartridges.
• You must check your printer software to detect any low ink level warnings. Click on OK to dismiss low ink warnings and get your printer back online.
• Also, assure that both printer and system connected with the same network.
Tip-6] Reset and Reinstall- HP Printer Offline Fix on Windows 10
Follow the stepwise guidance, if your HP printer showing offline on windows platforms 10, 8, and 7.
• Firstly, access the run window by pressing the window key with the R key.
• Next, search for “devmgmt.msc” from the run text box.
• Now right-click on the printer icon from the device manager window.
• Further right-click on the HP printer then proceed with the uninstall option.
• Now navigate to the Devices and Printers option then click on the "Add a printer" button.
• You are supposed to add the HP printer drivers to the Windows 10 system.
• Finally, restart the system, then check whether my printer keeps going offline resolved or not.
Tip-7] Reinstall and Reset- HP Printer Offline Fix on Mac
Understand the stepwise guide, if your HP printer keeps going offline on Mac O.S.
• First, open the menu on the Mac device, next tap on the system preferences option.
• Following, from the hardware segment, tap on the 'Print and Scan' choice.
• Next, tap on the 'control' key and concurrently click on the printer menu.
• Promptly continue with the 'Reset Printing System' of the pop-up menu.
• Now you are assumed to connect the printer to the network via USB or ethernet cord. For close connections, connect the printer and Mac device through a USB cord.
• Next, tap on the Apple menu and later tap on the Software Update to install the most advanced software for your Mac device.
• Continue with the Apple menu and next snap on System Preferences from the drop-down list.
• Following, open print and scan.
• Choose the ‘+’ title or tap the Lock button first and then enter your username and password.
• Promptly tap on ‘Add Printer or Scanner’ from the table of options.
• Lastly, choose your printer machine from the menu and tap on the “Add” button.
Soon Mac OS will download and install the most advanced software and drivers for the printer to fix the HP printer showing offline on Mac.
Tip-8] Update Your HP Printer Latest Firmware Version
Old firmware or driver software can be one of the causes after the printer always shows offline status. Therefore, users proposed renewing their printer firmware earlier to fix the printer keeps going offline issue. Because constantly updating software may solve several former and modern difficulties.
If you are capable to fix printer offline problems with the guidance of our troubleshooting, then please comprehend us. If none of the resolutions run as per your desire, then you require to reach the HP Customer Support team. Get the official toll-free HP customer service phone number from us and allow the problem resolved by the HP authority team.
how can I connect hp printer to wifi network easily
troubleshooting tips to fix hp printer common problems
quickly resolve attention required hp printer issue on windows 10
best solutions to fix hp 50.2 fuser error on laserjet pro printers