Nerdery, especially at 5:07 in the morning.... Is one hell of a drug, Constant reader.
One of the surefire ways of having me at peak geeky-ass geekery is to see anyone, or anything talking or mentioning Storm and Black Panther.
Let me give you the tl:dr of my rantings that went from 9:19 pm last night to this MORNING.
- The way that Storm and T'challa met was vastly different from when they ret-conned the whole meeting into some second-hand romance book.
- Having a wedding of two African superheroes during a political firestorm was a plot device that most of fans either loved or hated since it made no fucking sense and it had no build up at all. Also, I called Captain America and I quote "The Harriet Tubman of superheroes since the Superhero Registration Act was fuckin' WILD."
- The king of one of the most progressive fictional African countries + One the most prolific and recognizable member and leader of the X-Men of all time and A POSSIBLE OMEGA LEVEL MUTANT= Weird cash grab marriage to attract more women and African american comic book readers.
- I'm not a fan of Reggie Hudlin. Because reasons.
- Avengers Vs. X-Men was particularly telling that Storm (reluctantly) chose the X-men instead of the Avengers (Well, duh). Also, because of a snafu with Namor flooding Wakanda, T'challa (Mind you, he was the king and the High priest because Wakanda) was that salty enough to RIGHT THEN AND THERE to call off the marriage. Literally was like "DIVORCED" and that was it. Even when Storm teamed up with the Avengers, he was not having it.
- They broke up in the most dramatic way in AVX: VS, with an epic fight followed a final kiss and Storm walking away while throwing her wedding ring on the ground. The caption, zoomed tightly on the ring, stated: "Winner:? There are no winners." Me, in 2015 reading this issue was actually all, "THE WINNER WAS FUCKING ME THO. IT WAS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"
- My friend was bringing up that Black Excellence™ deserved a Black Panther/Storm movie, which I quickly called it bullshit. I asked why don't we have just a solo Storm movie, completely devoid of romance and misogynistic horseshit that stereotypes a leader and warrior like Storm into a marriage.
In conclusion, that marriage was not for me and will never be and you want them together just because they're both black?
Fuck all the way OOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF .
Constant Reader, what is your fandom rant? What is your niche thing that makes you go "Well, ACTUALLY..." at people when they tell you their (wrong, but I respect the right of you saying it) opinion?
Also, I have a ALOT of feelings about Storm.
#ellowrites #writing #nerdbullshit #Justice4Storm #ThisargumentwasmyStarWarsandMarvelfilibusterrant #ChrisClaremontwaskindainlovewithStormactually