Not For Print Issue 01 – Censorship
Quarterly Print Magazine
2016-11-11 07:00:00.000000Z - 2016-12-12 07:00:00.000000Z
We are excited to announce the new Ello publication, Not For Print. The first issue will address the theme of “censorship,” and we want to see who’s pushing the limits, challenging the mainstream, making work that says something important, and moving the world forward in a better direction
Not For Print will help bring the best of Ello into the real world with a tangible, show-it-off-on-your-coffee-table magazine featuring the art of 50 creators on Ello. And we want to see your work in it! Not For Print is another way Ello is committing to provide visibility and opportunity for our incredibly talented community.
And to make a rad fucking magazine.
How to Enter
- Post three original images (photos, illustrations, designs, paintings, sculptures, installations, GIFs, etc.) on your Ello account that address the theme “censorship.”
- Post all three images as one post and tag @notforprint
- Include your name and a link to your website or portfolio in the post.
- 50 artists will be selected to appear in the first-ever edition of Not For Print
- 4 artists will be recognized with $1,000 art grants
- 4 artists will be awarded $500 community art grants as voted on through the most comments from the Ello community
Ello Co-founders, Todd Berger and Lucian Föhr, and Curatorial Director, Amber Young, will curate and select the 50 artists.
Ello staff will contact the winners. Selected artists should be prepared to provide in a timely manner a high-resolution image of the selected work.
This is a great opportunity to get recognition for your work. If you know great artists who are not yet Ello members, encourage them to make an account and get their best work entered. The open call will last until Wednesday, November 23, 2016, midnight MT.
Yes, They Are Barbie Shoes.
The Weirdest Question I Have Ever Asked.
@notforprint This is from my art series 'Accept It'. Here we explore censorship through equality and it's existence (or ...
🐼 finally out!! 🐼
my collab story with @tsaccenti for King Kong Magazine feat. Nicopanda's #FW2016 line I did a lot of ...
Here's my very last-minute submission to @notforprint
I referenced my own work, themes of censorship and used the eleme...
Name: Jadxia Carbajal
"Jelly Place" my contribution to @notforprint by Ello
Stop #censorship our sweet pleasures.
more about my ...
"Mundaning the Objectified" #1
by Killian Skarr
This erotic, kinetic sculpture was censored at Artprize an...