2017-03-02 07:00:00.000000Z - 2017-03-09 07:00:00.000000Z
We are excited to announce the Ello x Rare Tempo collaboration: A physical gallery space in Denver showcasing art from our community of creators.
We’re kicking off the gallery with a show opening April 1st. Because it falls on April Fool’s Day, we want the first show to reflect that sense of playfulness. Share art that’s funny, gross, tongue-in-cheek and inappropriate. Have fun with it.
Rare Tempo is an emerging art venue. It is the creative lovechild of Outspoke and SFERE, combining our mutual talents and interests. We are designers, marketers, photographers, musicians, makers, and adventurers. We aim to build Rare Tempo as an eclectic and inclusive space that embraces the diversity of art and expression by encouraging conversation through community.
The idea for Rare Tempo became a reality by chance. Outspoke moved offices and had an opportunity to do something more with the old space. We reached out to Ello and established a partnership based on our shared passion for supporting art and creativity across all disciplines.
Rare Tempo is our space to demonstrate our artist-first, community-first mentality.
How to Enter
- Post 3-7 original pieces (photos, illustrations, designs, paintings, poems, GIFs, etc.) on your Ello account that address the theme “inappropriate humor.” No sculptures this time around - we need to keep the floor space clear.
- Include the title, medium, and size (if applicable) of each piece.
- Post all images as a single post and tag @raretempodenver.
- Include your name and a link to your website or portfolio in the post.
- 3-5 artists will be selected to appear in the first-ever show at Rare Tempo
- Artists will be featured in the show for roughly 6 weeks with the opportunity to sell their works.
- Artists will also be interviewed, featured in the Ello newsletter, and have access to video and photo assets of the gallery show.
The Rare Tempo and Ello teams will curate the top submissions through reposts from @raretempodenver. After the contest deadline, judges will select 3-5 artists from those reposts to be featured in the show.
Ello staff will contact the winners. Selected artists should be prepared to ship in a timely manner either high-resolution reproductions or the original artwork to the gallery. Your pieces will be for sale (should you want to sell them) in the gallery, with the bulk of the profits going to the artist.
This is a great opportunity to get recognition for your work. If you know great artists who are not yet Ello members, encourage them to make an account and get their best work entered. The open call will last until Thursday, March 9, 2017, midnight MT.
We look forward to seeing your work.
Submission for Ello x Rare Tempo collaboration! @raretempodenver
So excited for this new space!!!
"fly with poop" ink o...
"Painted nails and oysters"
Contact sheets and/or single images (up to 40" x 40")
My name is C.E. SCHREIN and this post is for the @raretempodenver x @ello collaboration.
Below are a few paintings I tho...
"Deal" - collage (paper, glue) 5" x 3"
Entry for Raretempo Denver. Each of these works are to be exhibited only on a small shelf; not the floor! Collage on bot...
Now Picture This... Adventures in AstroFuck
Poetry/Photo Manipulation (9 x 16)
Hot Button. 8"x10", acrylic and spray paint on wrapped canvas