2017-04-20 06:00:00.000000Z - 2017-05-03 06:00:00.000000Z
Rare Tempo is excited to announce their next Ello x Rare Tempo collaboration: Naturally Weird.
Our gallery opening was an humbling success, and we’re ready to do it again for a June 2nd opening. Share art that’s odd, funky, peculiar, bizarre, and most importantly, naturally occurring. Have fun with it.
Rare Tempo is an emerging art venue. It is the creative lovechild of Outspoke and Ello, combining our mutual talents and interests. We are designers, marketers, photographers, musicians, makers, and adventurers. We aim to build Rare Tempo as an eclectic and inclusive space that embraces the diversity of art and expression by encouraging conversation through community.
The idea for Rare Tempo became a reality by chance. Outspoke moved offices and had an opportunity to do something more with the old space. We reached out to Ello and established a partnership based on our shared passion for supporting art and creativity across all disciplines.
Rare Tempo is our space to demonstrate our artist-first, community-first mentality.
How to Enter
- Share up to 7 original pieces (photos, illustrations, designs, paintings, poems, GIFs, etc. ) on your Ello account that address the theme “naturally weird.”
- Include size of each piece, in inches/feet. (If your art is digital, we still need dimensions. Choose a size you’d prefer and stick with that.)
- Post all images as a single post and tag @raretempodenver.
- 5-8 artists will be selected to appear in the exhibit at Rare Tempo, in Denver, Colorado, USA.
- Artists will be featured in the show for roughly 8 weeks with the opportunity to sell their works.
- Artists will also be interviewed, featured in the Ello newsletter, and have access to video and photo assets of the gallery show.
The Rare Tempo and Ello teams will curate the top submissions through reposts from @raretempodenver. After the contest deadline, judges will select 5-8 artists from those reposts to be featured in the show.
Rare Tempo staff will contact the winners. Selected artists should be prepared to absorb shipping costs and ship within 4 weeks either high-resolution reproductions or the original artwork to the gallery, located in Denver, Colorado, USA. Your items must be framed and/or shipped ready to hang. Rolled up art that needs to be flattened will not be accepted. Your pieces will be for sale (should you want to sell them) in the gallery, with the bulk of the profits going to the artist.
This is a great opportunity to get recognition for your work. If you know great artists who are not yet Ello members, encourage them to make an account and get their best work entered. The open call will last until Wednesday, May 3, 2017, midnight MST.
We look forward to seeing your work.
Here’s my submission for the upcoming @raretempodenver show Naturally Weird.
My work uses algorithms based on naturally...
Submissions for the Rare Tempo show- 02 Naturally Weird @raretempodenver
All paintings by C.E. SCHREIN
More work can be...
Size: 11,4inch x 8,2inch