Mom is dropping hints that she might not be able to afford the boat next year. And -- sure. It's a minimum of three grand, and that's a lot. Even more when you're a widow on a pension.
So the boat dream may have to wait. Which effectively means dismissed. Doing the boat on my own, at 175% fare, isn't really an option.
And if it's cancelled, it just has to be OK, I suppose.
I'm reigniting plans for an extended road trip out east. Take our usual trip to the Hudson Valley, and build on that. The mansions at Newport, dip my toes in the ocean at Cape Cod, the Edward Gorey House, New Bedford Whaling Museum, that sort of stuff.
Or -- we could do Graceland. Graceland and Biltmore. Four days of driving, right there.
Plenty of time to think about it.
Disappointed, but I sorta had the feeling this was going to happen.