After @marius wrote a German Ello user guide, I've gone through it and picked out my most important shortcuts that I use in Chrome on the desktop:
- f and n keys to switch between friends and noise
- shift-0 to hide "...started following you" notices
- cursor right followed by shift-5 to get maximum screen real estate
- shift-1 to read even more (dismisses the input box at the top)
- cursor right again to get the big input field
There is also some level of Markdown support, such as * for bullet list entries.
All in all, being a keyboard type of person, I do enjoy this quite a bit.