Turkish I've learned this week:
- geçmiş olsun, kind of like 'get well soon [from your terrible rash of training injuries]'
- kismak, to be angry, e.g. kismiyorum, 'i'm not angry [at you for slamming me in jiujitsu]'
- atma, literally "don't throw", but slang for 'come on, stop lying'. more severe form: atmaya
- gel with a hard g, shorthand for a more complicated set of words all meaning 'come'/'keep coming'/'come on [and spar already]' (see also: hadi, gidelim, bakalim).
- çalışma, which means 'work' just like its subcomponent ış...I guess I still have more to learn about how they relate
- acaba, 'I wonder', useful in face culture interactions