3) For nature lovers here in the Northeast USA this is a fascinating time of year. The vernal pools have come alive with amphibious life continuing it's wonderful life cycle. Long strings of salamander eggs and masses of frog eggs cling to underwater stalks. Its been a very cool march but the pools with their dark colors absorb light and thus heat, even through the thin ice. At night, on the warmer nights...(in the 50's) the peepers are already serenading the night with warbling trills in call and response choruses. But here, and all across America, Amphibians are in trouble. They're in decline in many pockets of the countryside where once they flourished. Science has not yet found an answer. I'm sure there are interlocking forces; loss of habitat, proliferation of chemicals in lawncare, landscaping, and household waste, leeching their way into the ecosystem, are all mentioned in the discussion....but definitive answers elude us for now.
4) Do you believe there is sentient life in the universe beyond planet earth? (A discussion about whether there is sentient life here will wait for another day).
5) I try my very best to judge* each person I meet as an individual. And just like each and every one of us, their are certain personalities, certain characteristics, that I like more than others, and there are some I do not like at all. This does not make me a bad person or a good person. No, I am one more soul battered and bruised but defiantly unbowed by life. First impressions are tricky, I'm walking proof of that...nine out of ten people approaching on a busy sidewalk would give me a wide berth. So I'm not swayed much by first impressions myself. Through discussions and sometimes debates one can get a feeling for one's heart. I know that's an inexact phrase..but I think you know what I mean. I have had...or read, some great discussions here on ello, and I feel I know most of the usual suspects to a degree. I like to interact with them. Each one of these people have taught me something of their life which has universal applications. I hope to meet them someday......I think you know who you all are.
6) By Rhode Island standards, Providence, Warwick, Pawtucket, are pretty violent places. High crime rates. And its a small state and the thugs are mobile...so crime bleeds out from the cities.......The northwest corner of the state is still pretty rural and is most assuredly NOT a gun free zone. The city crimes don't bleed into Burrillville.
7) All news is fake news. (another discussion for a later date)
8) It is neither nefarious, nor racist, or supremacist, nor mean, nasty, cruel, or hateful for Americans to insist on secure borders, controlled legal immigration, and a degree of assimilation. (again; you wanna discuss it? fire away)
9) "I am I said, to no one there, and no one heard at all, not even the chair....." Really?
10) Hammond B3 or Lowery?
11) I guess that's it...thanks for reading.
*judgement has taken on a bad name. everybody does it. Some admit it.