1) When did footwear manufacturers decide that I need twenty-two miles of shoelaces? Really, I bought a pair of sneeks (sneaks?).....oh hell, sneakers, and measured end to end I had 48 inches of lace!! I cut one in half and kept the other as a spare.
3) A friend of mine was shocked and angry that I'd recommended "Huckleberry Finn" to a twelve year old great nephew. My friend is a teacher and thinks that the book is not appropriate for a twelve year old.
4) But it does seem that children, teens, and many young adults, are staying psychologically "younger" for far longer than past generations. At seven years of age I was going up and down a river that ran through and between towns around here. I had my grandfather's rowboat and a beat up old Champion 3 horse outboard motor. No life-jackets, no adult supervision...and I was not unique in this....There are many seven year olds in my life, counting grandchildren and those of friends, none would I trust to handle the freedom, the responsibility.
5) "PREACHER" grabbed my attention last season with an awesome story-line and interesting characters, and did I mention extremely weird? Anyway, I was anxious for the new season to start, its the ONLY teevee show I watch. So far I'm disappointed. I'm glad NFL football is getting started.
6) Teevee in general is wasted time. I enjoy a good movie.....but.......its hard to sit still that long without a touchdown happening.
7) For the record, no one has the "right" to serve in the military.