1) Blazing hot coffee on a Saturday Morning with nothing on the schedule. Ahhh...heaven
2) I hope ello would never stoop to this.
3) Somehow its pleasing to me that i can say the word "Trump" in even the vaguest of laudatory terms.....and some people start twitching, foaming at the mouth, gnashing teeth....wailing. Caught up in a Tourette like spasm of curses, cusses, and generalized foul-language, they lash out madly at caricatures they believe. Its really quite funny.
3) With reference to number three..........one can evoke the same reaction by saying "Sanders", but from a distinctly different crowd altogether.
4) As regards the word "Hilary". It seems more and more that both sides of the aisle are reacting with......decidedly mixed reactions.
5) This is why ello is so valuable. The co-mingling of ideas, or the clashing of ideas, often sparks inspiration
6) My inner child loves fresh bread, toasted and topped with peanut butter and cinnamon and sugar. My outwardly adult self likes 'em too.
7) The persistent myth of the gender wage gap has become a chapter of the Gospel of the Gimmie-Gimmies. Those who believe in the myth will accept no evidence to the contrary and come up with the most inane and sometimes asinine rebuttals. You see, in the world view of........some.........on issues like healthcare, contraception, abortion, childcare, etc etc etc, we all must underwrite whatever life choice a "free independent woman" wants to make.
8) There are some very good reasons why you should not sleep in the subway, darling.
9) And speaking of Subway....I'm betting that chain of fast food joints will be the first to develop the technology necessary to slice meat so thin it'll only have one side.
10) I have infinite faith in the PEOPLE of America......we'll rebound from this self-flagellating exercise of the last decade or so.......no matter how hard our "leaders" try to prevent it.
11) Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Massachusetts are in a race, and say as much in the press and in their respective congresses, to be the first state in our region to legalize marijuana for recreational use. (so no matter how bad things may get, folks won't mind as much?) In typical Rhode Island fashion....they are fashioning a system that'll only boost the black market. Our "leaders" here have proposed a $50 an ounce tax. (and a $300!!!!! an ounce tax if you're growin' your own).
12) But living in Rhode Island does have certain advantages...there's a thriving, vibrant and diverse artist community that is centered in Providence but really...all through the state there're enclaves of very creative and inspirational people about. (And on a bright beautiful day like today I'm torn......The dog wants to take a hike through the woods but wifey wants to stroll around down in Providence..hit the funky shops and eateries.....maybe take in the RISD museum.........)
13) I can't end this on 13
14) The end