1) If a person wants to learn, nothing can stop them. If they do not want to learn, no one can teach them.
2) Tom Brady has won more football games than anyone in NFL history. And he ain't done yet. I'm a life-long Patriots Fan and I agree Tom has been and continues to be, a marvel and a wonder. He still carries that competitive spirit and it fuels the fire, the thirst, the giant F. U!! to everyone who let him slip through their fingers.
3) But let's cut out the "Greatest Of All Time" shit. If Marino, or Elway, Kelly, Jorgenson, Simms, and countless others, had played by today's rules, the record book would look decidedly different. Brady might be in the middle of the pack.
4) Bill Belichick on the other hand, is almost certainly the most brilliant coach that's ever prowled the sidelines. He's a tireless tactician with an encyclopedic knowledge of the game's history, as well as a motivator of men, men able to genuinely accept and embrace the fact that there is no "I" in TEAM. He's pulled players off the scrap heap and resurrected careers. He's cultivated a "Darth Vader" persona which the press, and most of the country's football fans revile, but we patriots fans love. Watching his post-game press conferences is endlessly entertaining to us.
4) This is related to number one on this list. Nancy Pelosi will speak for the minority in the Peoples' House of Representatives. Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders have assumed leadership positions, and
Keith Ellison may well become the Party Chair.
5) I have expressed my disdain for the iconic "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band." It is, to my ears, a badly produced mish-mash of weak songs, at least in comparison to "Revolver". I have the same opinion of "Their Satanic Majesty's Request", too much filler. But that said ....... there is nothing on Pepper that has aged as well as "2,000 Light Years From Home".
6) I am saddened that good debates are so hard to experience these days.
7) Any guesses which NFL coach will be fired first?
8) It drives me nuts when I listen to an athlete or celebrity interview. When the first words out of their mouths is "I mean".
"I mean, we had 'em 3rd and long and, I mean, we knew they were gonna try to get it to Gronk, I mean, everybody knows they're gonna try to get it to Gronk. I mean my mother knew they were gonna try to get it to Gronk........."
9) I will get together with some fellow veterans from that awful era on Wednesday. We will hoist a few, and toast a few, and never once speak of the unspeakable. The main reason I refuse to get drunk is because.......sometimes the unspeakable is spoken and it becomes a new patch of scorched and barren soul. None of us......we'll talk of family, friends past and present and each of us at different times will grow silent, withdrawn, tears will be wiped away, deep breaths drawn, and that door slammed shut, we'll rejoin the conversation.
10) This one also is related to number one on this list; Colin Kaepernick.
11) I gravitate towards people who love music, dogs, discussions, debates, nature, freedom, and whoopie pies.