1) I'm not getting notifications thru my email from ello. Is this a new thing? Or is it just I?
2) It seems that Walter Brennan was born to play an old coot. Even very early on as often as not he'd be made up (badly) to look old. But for my money his best roll ever was as "Stumpy" in "Rio Bravo"
3) I know a couple of people who look for "flow errors" (their term, not mine) in popular movies. They're looking for things like wristwatches on cowboys, or a bloodstain that moves from scene to scene or even within jumps in the same scene. I'm not given to that past-time, but I did notice two glaring errors in The Godfather. Has anyone else ever spotted any in that Masterpiece?
4) The complete insanity of Apocalypse Now made perfect sense
5) I think I've said it before but it bears repeating...I'm not a big fan of movies that rely almost entirely on CGI's. I prefer more.....
6) I do like gratuitous nudity though
7) I'm a big fan of badly dubbed Kung Fu movies from Hong Kong. I swear the same 4 or 5 people do all the voice overs in every movie!
8) Speaking of Rio Bravo, Dean Martin plays a pretty good roll too. A newly and barely sober hardcore alcoholic, his character is being taunted and tempted in a saloon where he's gone to seek a bad guy. His shaking sweats are....convincing, maybe too convincing.
9) I heard a rumor that there are people who have never seen The Wizard Of Oz. I find it difficult to believe.
10 I can name the three people most likely to comment here.