I haven't been posting enough here.. because life is kind of tough. I'm looking for employment while trying to work on a ton of different projects at once. Only one that I'm getting paid for.
Anyways, here's the quick and depressing status on the site.
1. On dmgice.com I have a backlog of unfinished reviews, trying to hurry up on the review of La Mulan EX. It's a sweet game and I wish I had the time to give it more attention.
2. On Radio DMG, I was working on a Christmas episode for Musical Rations and it's all but pushed everything aside. In fact, it's incredibly difficult to make a compilation of Christmas music that doesn't absolutely SUCK. So, I'm approaching it with a different mission. I know what Christmas is about..it was about giving pagans something different to celebrate.. despite Jesus being born in September. However, there are deeply religious ties to it and I feel that.. if you are going to talk about the Nativity, you also need to talk about the Crucifix. The life of Jesus begins on Earth at the Nativity.. but the true BIRTH of Jesus Christ begins on the Cross. Everything in the Bible leads up to that moment and then when Jesus rises from the dead on the third day, fulfilling the prophecies of the Old Testament. So, Easter now seems like the PERFECT time to release a two hour compilation of Christmas music. In an effort to make sure that it was an HONEST Christmas episode, it's not full of bad stand by songs and there is a general celebration of LIFE and particular.. Jesus. So, I think people will be pleasantly surprised by it. Maybe that's a good idea. Right?
3. Area DMG. I want to reshoot the seven or so videos I did explaining the RTDNA Code of Ethics. Mainly because I want to make sure it's "idiot proof." I have to read it like I'm explaining it for very small children.. because that's the entirety of the people it is aimed at.
4. The other day, I made a remark about the Star Trek pop vinyl figures at a GameStop. I remarked that it's pretty telling that they didn't have a Wesley Crusher one in that set... because anyone who grew up watching that character.. doesn't care much for him. He's just an awful actor. He's okay as a voice actor.. although I can think of 30 people more talented than him that would be better at the stuff he has voiced. Anyhow, I made a comment about the figures and the people I was talking to.. had no idea.. who Wheaton was. They watched Star WARS growing up. Then it hit me.. wow. He really is a tiny actor trying to coast on being a child actor. Sure he's sometimes on a show that 6.7 million people have on in the background while they do other things. GLENN BECK HAS A LARGER AUDIENCE THAN THE BIG BANG THEORY. Let that sink in for a moment. Rush Limbaugh has over 12 Million listeners per DAY. His show is on five days a week with digest shows on Saturday and Sunday. 4,380,000,000 potential listeners a year. That really puts everything into some sort of terrifying perspective. Doesn't it? And that is on RADIO. There is such a thing as an economy of scale. I think of myself as lucky to be following less people than follow me. I look at my Flickr stats and my Youtube stats. I do have, often, four to five times more followers on YouTube than some of the events that I cover. I don't have a ton of Facebook followers because I don't concentrate on it or buy followers. You know.. one of the reasons that I love 'ello is because this is a small social media site. It's a close knit, ad free, safe zone away from the ridiculous stuff we see on other media. There's no GamerGhazi, there's no Blue Pills, no RadFems, no stupid reblogging drama. I can be here and talk about behind the scenes stuff in peace. It's damn lovely.
5. I should use this more.. and I think I will. I'll try to post my thoughts about the day here as often as possible. The other day, I was stuck in an elevator for three hours. I posted a bunch of video on twitter. Yeah. Had there been a mobile 'ello app.. I would do the same for you. Thinking of expanding into Instagram at some point. Maybe. Hmm.... But yeah. I like 'ello. It's simple and clean and the way that you're making me feeeeeeeeeel tonight. It's haaaaaard to let go...
Stream of consciousness. There's going to be a Frozen level in Kingdom Hearts III. There HAS TO BE NOW.
Too bad they couldn't go completely full circle and put in a Wreck It Ralph level. I would LOVE to see Sora running around with Sonic the Hedgehog and Q*Bert.
Gosh darn it.. I want that so bad now.