Morels... ou mortel?
If I don't post anything after tonight then these wild, dried mushrooms will have included some rather poisionous ones... and my American-French neighbour will be included on the obituary list in the weekend's local paper!
I jest... although these wild beauties are several types of champignons found in the local forests, there were no 'bright red' ones picked that day. I've made plenty of soups and vegetable stews with them in the past and they seem to get better and richer in taste and smell as the months go by... when I unscrew the lid of the large glass jar, a blast of what would seem to be, if one's eyes were closed, rich dark chocolate hits one's nostrils... it is that luxurious!
Ah well... better uncork the red stuff that isn't poisonous! Cheers!