Today, I honor the 45th anniversary of #RoeVWade in which #SCOTUS ruled that the constitutional right to privacy “is broad enough to encompass a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy.” I was very fortunate to grow up in an era that respected #ReproductiveRights and #WomensRights.
Today, many people consider a fetus vitally important regardless of the needs or rights of the woman carrying it. Those same people often:
- vote or support politicians who vote to dismember or gut social and economic programs that help children and their parents thrive
- protest the adoption of unwanted children by loving, stable #LGBTQ couples
- endorse the death penalty
- vilify people of other nationalities and religions, including their children
- would rather live in a country where buying a gun is easier than getting an abortion.
How can you be #ProLife if you only value certain lives? It doesn't make sense to me.
#Rise #Persist #StayWokeAndFight