Hey friends. Here’s what’s new on Ello this week:
- The chance to get published in Blacklisted Magazine Issue 01
- An opportunity to create an art installation (and go install it) at the new Thomas Cook hotel in Crete
- An excellent interview with creator Grant Spanier
- Rad giveaways
Get Published in Blacklisted Magazine Issue 01
Are you a painter, poet, photographer, performance artist, or just a general weirdo? Now is your chance to immortalize that creative fruitcake in print.
“For our premier issue, we are focusing on showcasing creative work with text as a medium. As words are usually black on white, we are planning the entire first issue to present high-quality offset printed representations of black and white creative expression.
B&W photography, illustration, or stories are the most obvious, but we are open for anything creative. You want us to print 6 pages of solid black? Convince us why, and we might select your work.”
• Seven artists will be selected to be featured in the premier issue of Blacklisted Magazine. Each artist will be contacted afterwards for an interview, which will accompany the presentation of their artwork. These articles will be published on Blacklisted’s digital platform two months after the release of the print magazine.
• Five additional artists will be selected for an article on Blacklisted’s digital platform.
Learn More & Submit.
Wanna Go Make Art In Crete?
Submit your work for the chance to design an art installation for the new Cook’s Club hotel in Crete.
Three Selected Artists will be commissioned to produce an installation within the hotel over a 7 day period in September 2018 – with their progress captured by both Thomas Cook and travel and lifestyle influencers. The coverage during the installation process will include interviews, videos, photographs and more.
Learn more about this opportunity from our friends at Talenthouse.