For the Salad
2 cups farro
3 small beets
1 head of cauliflower, cut into small chunks
coarse sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper, smoky paprika
2 handfuls of salad greens, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the Vinaigrette
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon honey
splash red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1. Start by cooking the faro. Bring about 5 cups of water to a boil. Season the boiling water with salt. Add the farro and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer the farro until puffed and tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse with cool water. Set aside.
2. Place a rack in the center and upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Scrub beets and remove the leafy green stems. Place beets in a large piece of foil, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and seal up the foil. Set on a rimmed baking sheet and place on the center rack on the oven to roast until softened through, about 30 minutes depending on the size of your beets.
4. On another rimmed baking sheet, scatter cauliflower chunks in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika. Place on the upper rack of the oven a roast until browned, sizzling, and softened through, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven once or twice during roasting to toss and stir the cauliflower.
5. Remove both the roasted beets and roasted cauliflower from the oven and allow to rest until cool enough to handle.
6. Peel the beets and slice into chunks.
7. In a large bowl toss together cooked farro, roasted beets, roasted cauliflower, salad greens, and crumbled feta.
8. In a small jar with a tight fitting lid, shake together all of the vinaigrette ingredients. Taste and season.
9. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad. Toss and serve.