Final post for now until the Z-corp printers fire back up.
AR complete! Took a while to code, but I got the app set up so that the model fires up and superimposes ontop of the sword marker. It's exaggerated here for the post, but I can downscale the marker size to the size of the actual marker on the future sword with the right texture. Now this means I can light up the sword with effects for the final. Particle effects are the next step. You can draw digital fire so that it eminates from the sword, just gotta spend more time on that in the future.
Because the z-corp powder printers failed at the fablab I had to resort to PLA prints of my recent projects, but either way, I'd say the print as a great success! This is the first print I had that printed the cleanest. No support material necessary because I made sure to make the indentations small and the whole sword relatively flat! It's unfortunate that that's how the best prints are made, hopefully a better faster hardening material can be invented in the future.
I look forward to making more follow up posts to this project and I hope you enjoyed it.