Hi everyone. Thank you for following and supporting my Ello feed. I’m very happy to be sharing this information about Akamai, a line of personal care products I helped design and art direct. And I am a tested user of the products. After 2 years in development, Akamai is the Boulder, Colorado based brainchild of my great friend, Vincent Cobb and his family. I would ask that you please consider reviewing the website to see if the ideas and mission behind Akamai resonate with your lifestyles and wellness goals. Akamai (a Hawaiian word meaning wise or intelligent) believes clean and healthy skin, hair and teeth can be achieved with far few products, chemicals and complexity. They’ve taken a radically simplified, back to basics, truly natural approach.
Thank you so much for reviewing and please spread the word and share the simplicity of these products.
Photo: Akamai Mineral Toothpaste
Super charged with nourishing clays, trace minerals, fulvic acid and liposomal CoQ10
Photo: Akamai 3 in 1 Soap Bar
Ideally formulated formulated for body, shave and hair. This bar does it all.
Photo: Akamai Skin Fuel
Multipurpose oil for body, hair and after you shave. Concentrated, light and non-greasy.
Akamai is Personal Care, Radically Simplified.
We make 100% natural, multipurpose, nutrient rich personal care essentials and deliver them to your door every 2 months. We believe clean and healthy teeth, skin and hair can be achieved with a back to basics, truly natural, healthy approach that is reasonably priced. Their approach is rooted in 10 principles:
- Use the transdermal affect to improve health.
- Avoid synthetic chemicals. Sometimes even naturally derived ones can be harmful.
- Design highly effective products that are multipurpose. Not as a tricky marketing move, rather as a sensible, practical thing to do.
- Support our body's ecologies and skin/oral microbiomes. No overuse of anything (including essential oils). Leverage and support our body’s abilities to regulate and heal itself.
- Only use time tested, nourishing ingredients made by nature. Ideally in its whole form.
- Use the fewest number of ingredients possible. While still being highly effective.
- Every ingredient has a real purpose and impact. No hype, no fillers.
- Offer fewer products. Versus an array of single purpose and nonessential.
- Question authority, marketing and current advice. Use the wisdom of the past and get back to basics. Read labels, question ingredients. Use common sense and trust your gut.
- Simplify protocols and routines.
Make it as simple as possible but no simpler — Albert Einstein