Abandoned jet engine noise testing environment (anechoic chamber). The location features a large air intake system (the blue machinery in the top shot), the main anechoic chamber and an exhaust system for dispersing the jet engine exhaust gasses. This building was just a small part of a much bigger location that tested all of the UK's military jet engines between 1950 and 2001. It was a site of historical significance and helped usher in the jet age, building on the technology initially developed by Sir Frank Whittle. The rest of the site was demolished in 2013.