This small lonely tower on Nunhide Hill on the outskirts of Reading has a beautiful backstory to it. Built at the request of Reverend Henry Wilder in 1769 as a symbol of his love for Joan Thoyts of nearby Sulhamstead House. The two families homes were not visible to each other and so the tower was built in a position where it could be seen from both houses. These days the tower is a ruin that is used as a dovecote. Photographed on various days at just before sunset or after dark.