I used to live in a closet next the kitchen of an upper west side apartment in New York City. It was very small, but clean and quiet. Through the little window of this space I could hear the cooing sounds of doves, that actually sounded a bit obscene. I loved my little room. I would sleep, read or listen to music here and I was happy. One day in this room I came upon a technique to fly out of my body which I would like to share.
OK, here's what you do:
1) get comfortable lying down and close your eyes.
2) purposely think of a word. Any word. The word has no significance whatsoever, just think of a single word, over and over.
3) concentrate on the fact that you are purposely sparking this word in your head and try to concentrate more and more on the prompting and hearing of it.
4) The more relaxed you become you will soon hear other words, or sounds. They could be gasps, cries, curses... but the thing to concentrate on now is that these sounds which you are hearing, these have not been consciously prompted by you.
5) concentrate on these mysterious sounds. There will be more and more of them if you are able to keep concentrated. And soon you will hear a distant roar, as of the sea.
It is at this point that you will begin to rise out of your body.