mock trial today was so strange!!
- i did both my openings in front of the whole team for the first time and people were being surprisingly attentive considering how much other work they were also doing at the same time
- one of our coaches is a circuit court judge and he's v smart / dry / sarcastic but also very intimidating?? anyway he loves my openings, which like, thank god
- afterwards everyone was SO MUCH more open and friendly and accommodating toward me especially the seniors and it was Weird
- president obviously showed up but also somehow managed to bring the group of senior boys with him that i have mentally dubbed the IDGAF Crew because they don't show up a lot and do not, in fact, gaf
- they were all so nice to me??? i think one of them was flirting with me which i don't think has never happened to me before?? what is going on
- i guess the moral of the story is work hard to become better at things and people will notice??? either that or pre-regionals stress makes people do odd things