okay so my project proposal (the diversity & justice class project i mentioned yesterday) finally got approved so i can spill the beans a little more on it!!
- an online anthology of writing, art, & other creative work that centers on intersectional narratives of adolescence & early adulthood, edited by yours truly
- 'intersectional' as in 'having an identity that represents the overlaps in different forms of social marginalization'
- submissions would be from intersectional individuals ages thirteen to twenty-five
- put together & released probably through readymag
- the end goal would be generating increased awareness of intersectionality, since it's something that is consistently glossed over in conversations about social justice + giving marginalized individuals a platform, since they're so often shut out of creative communities
- possibly accompanied by a social media campaign around release day, although this would depend on my own ability to get my shit together
would love to hear thoughts on the idea (any suggestions for refinement? is this something you'd be interested in?) & possibly anthology title ideas! ty for listening