i am full of hope about the future thanks to the marches today. that's not something that happens often. a collection of good things even though i've been doing that a lot lately because i want to hold on to things that make me smile for as long as possible:
- a sign that read "my feminism will be intersectional or it will be bullshit"
- a chant that went up in the crowd: "2, 4, 6, 8, a trump regime won't make us straight!"
- long chat with the best friend about food and classical music and ya week and ballet
- the realization in said long chat that i've probably developed Actual Feelings for a boy but it's not screwing with my head for once because i'm so comfortable around him anyway
- my team SMASHED their tournament this weekend (took 1st place in 2 of 3 debate events and also a bunch of speech events, won 1st overall by a Significant Margin)
- seriously there's this team pic of them afterward and they're all just trying to juggle all their trophies it's the cutest thing i've ever seen
- i wrote the fastest poem i have ever written in my life and worked up the courage to share it despite my ~work-sharing fears~ and people were so good to me about it
- was yelling in the team group chat after their tourney about how proud i was of them and then for some reason we started talking about dueling and team pres and i just started all caps chat-shouting the lyrics of "ten duel commandments" at each other, line by line
- the thousands and thousands of people at the women's march. holy shit. and that was just in my city