evidence of being a terrible feminist, 10/1/14
1. on thursday i am bailing on a reading group that i encouraged people to start in order to go on a date with a man.
2. today i told the aforementioned man to figure out what we're doing to do on the date, and then apologized for being incapable of making basic life decisions and deferred all of my authority to him.
3. in response he said 'call me old-fashioned, but it's okay cuz this is the part where i try to impress and woo you, right?' and it made me significantly more attracted to him.
4. i responded, 'call me un-feminist, but that sounds way more fun to me than us having to figure these things out 'as equals''
5. spent a good hour after this conversation meditating on how much i hate tryna go on dates with like 'feminist men' who are always tryna make me do extra work in plan-making and communicating under the guise of 'radicalism'. vowed to not ever deal with that and meditated on how tbh it's nicer to understand with clarity the power relation i am in than pretend like it's a thing that we can just easily do away with.