Rare Tempo is an emerging art venue. It is the creative lovechild of Outspoke and SFERE, combining our mutual talents and interests. We are designers, marketers, photographers, musicians, makers, and adventurers. We aim to build Rare Tempo as an eclectic and inclusive space that embraces the diversity of art and expression by encouraging conversation through community.
The idea for Rare Tempo became a reality by chance. Outspoke moved offices and had an opportunity to do something more with the old space. We reached out to Ello and established a partnership based on our shared passion for supporting art and creativity across all disciplines.
Rare Tempo is our space to demonstrate our artist-first, community-first mentality.
How to Enter
- Post 3-7 original pieces (photos, illustrations, designs, paintings, poems, GIFs, etc.) on your Ello account that address the theme “inappropriate humor.” No sculptures this time around - we need to keep the floor space clear.
- Include the title, medium, and size (if applicable) of each piece.
- Post all images as a single post and tag @raretempodenver.
- Include your name and a link to your website or portfolio in the post.
Submissions will open March 2, 2017 and will close on March 9, 2017 at 11:59pm MST.
- 3-5 artists will be selected to appear in the first-ever show at Rare Tempo
- Artists will be featured in the show for roughly 6 weeks with the opportunity to sell their works.
- Artists will also be interviewed, featured in the Ello newsletter, and have access to video and photo assets of the gallery show.
The Rare Tempo and Ello teams will curate the top submissions through reposts from @raretempodenver. After the contest deadline, judges will select 3-5 artists from those reposts to be featured in the show.
Ello staff will contact the winners. Selected artists should be prepared to ship in a timely manner either high-resolution reproductions or the original artwork to the gallery. Your pieces will be for sale (should you want to sell them) in the gallery, with the bulk of the profits going to the artist.
This is a great opportunity to get recognition for your work. If you know great artists who are not yet Ello members, encourage them to make an account and get their best work entered. The open call will last until Thursday, March 9, 2017, midnight MT.
We look forward to seeing your work.