When I started to modify Polaroid i-zone cameras I didn't own a digital camera. This was the first camera that I modified, initially to mount a laser pointer, and add a grip to better dangle the camera at odd angles. The photo above was double-exposed by leaving the film in the camera and resetting the shutter to take another shot after re-angling the camera.
This is how the action figure fragments were affixed to the cameras. Using glue in future mods proved to make the housing of the camera more prone to breakage when adding other parts. As opposed to burning, where the fusion meant breakage generally happened due to stress.
This was an early iteration. The eyeball on the end had a glow-in-the-dark stem and lid that closed like a baby-doll. The left side had a grip for between-finger holding, and a laser pointer could be mounted there as well.
Further along, the eyeball-handle was replaced with a rocket-stem of sorts, and the laser pointer(s) were mounted on the right. Barely visible here, above the flash - a tiny head from a spawn figure. I'd been incorporating 'demons' for soul-stealing imagery into cameras via attached figurines, though here it was grafted into the frame.
This is the current state of it. The battery housing is visible, as the handle didn't hold out on the end. The camera still worked, the last time I had film in it. But the film is rather scarce due to discontinuation of the format. Google 'auto-awesomed' this series into Ello-friendly gif format.
The pictures get yanked out of this side, now exposed due to breakage while being used. Which was the whole reason I started to modify the camera to start with. I once had this one in a group gallery show, titling it 'Burgundy Heap' but for the demonic aspect and its place in the work that I've modded, 'Firzt of the Fallen' fits better. The z is for i-zone...