I recall a post a few weeks ago of a cartoon likening Ello to the cool kids' table in the lunchroom in relation to other social media. I think I might take this a step further along school lines...
* LinkedIn is clearly career day, or that field trip to the community college.
* Tumblr appears to me as peeking at someone's locker posters or the doodles on the front of a notebook.
* Reddit comes off like a party I wasn't asked to and wouldn't want too attend if I was.
* YouTube recalls the thrill of tape-trading with friends back in the VHS days.
* Google+ seems to be an after-school club that no one recalls signing up for and is easily ditched.
* Twitter has such noise to me it's like a crowded lunchroom and in finding a seat I can't use the table.
* Facebook feels like compulsory pre-class catching up with people I know by virtue of course scheduling.
* Ello is like hanging out with the smart, funny, cool creative-types out for a smoke.
Though I didn't smoke in high school. And these days I vape.