So I'm reading HOUSE OF LEAVES, and it's so good, I can't stop talking about it. Have just finished reading an interview with Mark Z. Danielweski and once more have been reminded of this similar routine writers share (and I do too):
- Get up early in the mornings.
- Get coffee and start writing, sometimes up to 9 hours straight.
- Do it in absolute silence and without interruptions (offline, phone off).
- Break for food, write some more.
- After done, read. Read a lot.
- WRITE AND READ EVERY DAY.
It took Mark 10 years to write this book. 10 years!!! And 32 rejections from publishers to finally publish it. And the lesson from this is:
NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP WRITING, AND IT WILL HAPPEN.