So Zandile Funde asked me how/where to find reliable beta readers and which draft do they get to read, and I wrote you a new post about it.
10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BETA READERS
1. Do you really need feedback?
2. Okay, you need feedback. Why?
3. Most beta readers don't know what you want.
4. What draft beta readers get to see is up to you.
5. Where do you find beta readers? Anywhere, really.
6. If 8 out of 10 people say the same thing, it's a red flag.
7. Ask specific questions.
8. People are busy.
9. Your need for beta readers will diminish as you mature.
10. In the end, it's your story.
Full post with expanded points here.
And above you see an awesome illustration by London-based freelance animator and illustrator Tony Johnson from his series of ‘Life Coach for Creatives.’ More of them here.