I LOVE ELLO.
It fits me like a glove.
1. Ello has no ads. Ads are dead. The idea behind ads is dead. They will keep existing for a while, but their nature will change from attention grabbing to asking permission and building community. I'm willing to pay for extra features and never see another ad in my life.
2. Ello is beautiful and clean. I'm a snob when it comes to typeface and the pristine whiteness of my screen. And the cleanliness of Ello makes me want to post there.
3. Ello has a ton of art. Every day I go on, I see something beautiful. A poem. A photograph. An animation. A song. It's inspiring.
4. Ello takes your feedback. It's still in Beta, and if there is anything in particular you want to see, talk directly to the team, discuss, participate. Could you do that on Twitter or Facebook?
5. Ello gets me. People on Ello get me. They get my love for gorgeous pictures, for cool book covers, for awesome art. I can actually talk to people about art the way I talk to myself in my head. I want to discuss the nuances of colors on my book covers. I can't quite do it anywhere else.
Full post here.