So I wrote a new post on making time to write as it traversed my field of vision lately that lots of people want to find time to write and fail to do so. Here it is (the link to the full post and 6 main points).
MAKING TIME FOR WRITING: KEEP THE GATES TO YOUR MIND CLOSED.
1. Minutes add up.
2. If you let things sit, some of them will resolve themselves.
3. The world won't die without you.
4. It's your life. Spend it how you want to spend it.
5. Don't give a flying fuck about what people think.
6. Practice, practice, practice.