Illustration by Eryn Lou
So you asked how I did it, cut TUBE Draft 2 from 153K words down to 74K words in Draft 3. I didn't do it on purpose. It just happened, so I'll describe to you what I did and then maybe together we will glimpse some magic (I'm sure there is some, there always is).
1. I typed the new draft in a new file.
2. I cut out all explanations as I went.
3. I wrote down only what I remembered.
4. I nuked a bunch of characters.
5. I took my time.
6. I let the story dictate the length.
7. I read aloud as I went.
Read full post here...