1) ‘Liquid Dreams’ [A Beautiful Decay Series], Oil & Acrylic on Wood Panel 30” x
2) ‘Sympathetic Strings’ [A Beautiful Decay Series] Acrylic & Oil on Wood 36’’ ⭕️ Diameter
3) ‘Wonderment’, Acrylic on Wood, 17x24, [A Beautiful Decay Series]
4) ‘Swell’ [A Beautiful Decay Series]
Acrylic & Porcelain on Wood 24”x35”
5) ‘Quiver’ [A Beautiful Decay Series] Acrylic & Porcelain on wood. 17x24"
Our world is full of uncanny spaces worked into landscapes just waiting for us to get lost in. Some of those places are naturally occurring. Others are constructed. We can be carried away by something as large as a mountain or lose ourselves in something as small as the iris of the eye. I create portraits of the mind whereby my work explores those portals through which we can escape and return back to our own world transformed.
You'll also notice that in much of my work, I’m seeking to honor decay as a symbol of the triumph of a joyful spirit through life’s many experiences. Many regard decay as something disgusting. Using paint, fine porcelain, mother-of-pearl and gold, I urge us to be drawn to something we usually cringe at; even when the decay is destroying another object. Or maybe, it’s making the object more beautiful. Depends on your perspective.