What causes QuickBooks Error 6000 83?
When QuickBooks Error Code 6000 83 is encountered, it usually reads a message that looks somewhat like this: “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file” has a number of possible causes:
- An unfinished QuickBooks installation
- A damaged company (.qbw) file
- The folder in which the QuickBooks company file is located is damaged
- hosting is turned on both the server and at least 1 workstation (incorrect) instead of only the server (correct)
- The server doesn’t have permission to run the company file
- The presently logged in user doesn’t have permission to access the company file
- The service QBDataServiceUserXX (where XX depends on your QuickBooks version) doesn’t have permission to run the company file
- Security software is blocking access to the QBDataServiceUserXX service on the server where the company file is located.
There are many ways by which you can practice troubleshooting the steps to fix QuickBooks Error -6000, -83 that are discussed in detail. Before you proceed to resolve the steps it is important for you to know that you have to perform them accordingly.
Solution 1: Resolve the error using the QuickBooks File Doctor
Use the QuickBooks File Doctor that will help to resolve your problem by fixing the network. This will make things easier for you.
Solution 2: Turn off hosting on all workstations that access the file over the network
In case you are making use of QuickBooks Desktop on more than just one device, then you must configure only one of them to host the company file
It is essential for you to follow the steps that are given below in order to disable hosting on every workstation.
Step 1: Open QuickBooks Desktop. Choose File, then select Utilities.
Step 2: From the list, if you view:
a. Host Multi-User Access - the device is not hosting the company file and you may visit the next device.
b. Stop Hosting Multi-User Access – choose that option, then:
c. In the Stop hosting multi-user Access window, choose Yes.
d. In the Company file must be exited window, so choose Yes to proceed and visit the next computer.
Thank you for visiting us here. If you have any queries you may consult us QuickBooks Tech Support Number 1-877-263-2742. We are always available at your service so please count on us whenever you are in need.