This week we are continuing to hunt down and fix WebApp bugs. We ended up with more Omnibar (where you post and make comments) bugs than expected, so the entire thing was rebuilt and deployed since last week.
The following bugs should be resolved:
- Issues with inserting text and images in the omnibar (fixed)
- Images breaking after they are posted (fixed)
- Bug with hyperlinking text in Firefox (fixed)
- Broken meta tags, so your posts show up pretty other places (fixed)
- Missing submit button on your own comments on mobile web (fixed)
- Longer bios were being truncated on profile pages (fixed)
- Issue with notification scrolling on mobile web (fixed)
- Issue where comments didn't appear until refresh in certain browsers (fixed)
- Issue where the links field wasn't editable past 50 characters (fixed)
There is a new page over in WTF that clearly outlines what browsers & devices we support. We are a small team building some very forward technology, unfortunately we can not support every browser or device - but we are doing our best. https://ello.co/wtf/help/browsersupport/
We released a long awaited feature/bug fix. Now when you edit a post or comment and add a username, that person will receive a notification.
We are still tracking and working on the following bugs:
- Issue where comments don’t appear to have submitted successfully, resulting in people hitting the button again and making duplicate comments, this is a tricky one
- Media embeds creating duplicate embed blocks when pasted into the omnibar on mobile web
- Fixing the ability to drag a username into the comment or post bar from a comment header
- Occasional blank streams, notification errors or missing posts in a browser tab that had been active but unused for some period
- Updating the text truncation in gridview to show more of the post content where there is some html in that content (emoji, link, etc)
For more detailed, real time posts about current bug fixes follow @dcdoran. Please email anything new you find to email@example.com, include your device, browser and if possible a screenshot or video.
Awesome background image by @fanciuletto.