Announcing the Arkitip x Ello Juried Art Exhibition
Get Published - Win 1 of 4 $1,000 Art Grants
‘Here is what you have, this is what you hold’
Ello and iconic art publisher Arkitip (@arkitip) , have teamed up to showcase 40 brilliant artists who are currently sharing their work on Ello. To further promote some of the best and brightest Ello contributors, we are conducting an online juried art exhibition.
Ello members will be selected by jury of for the final online exhibition grouping. The work of all 40 artists will then be turned into an offline, tactile issue edition of Arkitip, which will serve as the exhibition's catalog and will be distributed through Arkitip’s normal channels worldwide.
Past issue editions of Arkitip can be see at the link below.
HOW TO ENTER
● Post three original images (photos, illustrations, designs, paintings, sculptures, installations, GIFs, etc.) on your Ello account that best exemplify your artwork.
● Post all three images as one post and tag @arkitipxello.
● Include your full name and a link to your website or portfolio in the post.
July 25 to August 12, 2016, midnight MST.
● 40 artists will be selected to appear in a exhibition online at Ello and an Arkitip printed issue edition.
● 4 artists will be recognized by the jury with $1,000 art grants.
● 4 artists will be awarded $500 community art grants as voted on through the most loves from the Ello community.
PROCESS & JURORS
Arkitip founder Scott A. Sant’Angelo will curate and catalog initial entries. Jurors will select the final winners.
● Scott A. Sant’Angelo is the founder and curator for Arkitip which oversees many diverse creative endeavors including; the publication of a limited-edition, hand-numbered art magazine, artist's prints, books, multiples, clothing, accessories, and the occasional recording. http://arkitip.com
● Aaron Rose is a film director, art show curator, writer and was the owner and director of Alleged Gallery which had branches in New York City and Tokyo.
● Sarah Lerfel is the creative director and buyer for pioneering chic Parisian boutique Colette on Rue St. Honoré. http://www.colette.fr
● Damon Way is a designer, brand marketer, entrepreneur, and the co-founder of DC Shoes. He was the former Chief Brand Officer for Incase and has most recently founded FACT. http://www.factbrand.com
● Karl-Oskar Olsen and Brian SS Jensen are the founders and directors of Wood Wood, a design and clothing brand with retail with locations in Copenhagen, Aarhus and Berlin. http://www.woodwood.com
● Karine Chane Yin is the co-founder, editor and publisher of ad-free, slow fashion magazine SPOON Magazine and a renowned stylist. https://www.spoon-publishing.com
Ello staff will contact the winners.
This is a great opportunity to get recognition for your work. If you are not an Ello member, we suggest you become one and get your best work entered, straightaway. The open call will last until August 12, 2016, midnight MST.
We look forward to seeing your work. Thank you for your interest.
The Creators Network.