Dropping this week on Ello:
- An interview with creator Nick McFarlane
- 3 fresh Artist Invites
- A Make Good Announcement
Make Good is Shipping!
It’s happening, folks. We ran into a couple roadblocks along the way, but Make Good is officially on its way. For those who aren’t familiar with this project, Make Good is a limited-edition, coffee-table magazine featuring 50+ artists and designers. In partnership with Dribbble, we wanted to find a way to show how great art and design can help make a better world.
100% of the proceeds will go to All Hands Volunteers, a US-based, 501(c)3 non-profit organization that addresses the immediate and long-term needs of communities impacted by natural disasters.
Snap up a copy before they’re gone. There aren’t many left.
NEW: Submit a Design for Humanoid Wakeboards
Submit your work for the opportunity to be a featured artist on @humanoidwakeboards Creative Collective wakeboard series. Selected works will be printed and produced for the inaugural 2018 summer production run.
Selected artists will receive a 5% commission from the sale of wakeboards that feature their works. Naturally, you’ll also receive a wakeboard that showcases your contributed art.
The Creative Collective series highlights bold visual themes from both emerging and established artists through the unique canvas of board graphics. Submissions will be reviewed by Humanoid Wakeboards, Nick Motte (@mothra) & the Ello curatorial team.
• 1-8 Artists will be selected to have their works printed as the next Creator Collective graphic for our IO series wakeboard
• Artists will receive a 5% commission (net sales proceeds) on sales of wakeboards your work(s) is printed on
• Each Artist will have a featured profile located on Humanoid’s website, in addition to regular features in email campaigns, and social media posts across Facebook and Instagram
• 1 IO series wakeboard with your graphic
Learn More & Submit
NEW: Submit Your Work to Future Selves
@Designcollector and FutureFest (by Nesta, London) present “Future Selves”.
Submit your work to be featured at the pop-up exhibition“Future Selves” at FutureFest taking place on July 6-7 at London’s Tobacco Dock.
• The best 3 artworks selected by a prominent jury panel will join the pop-up exhibition during FutureFest, London, July 6-7
• Short-listed artists will be mentioned online on both Designcollector.net and DigitalDecade.net
• Selected artists will receive a free a 2-day pass to FutureFest taking place on 6-7 July at London’s Tobacco Dock
Learn More & Submit
NEW: Submit Work for Issue Four of Unvael Magazine
Submit your work to be featured in Issue Four of Unvael.
Unvael, a print journal designated to showcase and promote unique artists and writers from around the world is looking for artwork, poetry, and writing for the fourth issue of their quarterly journal. Every issue of Unvael contains nearly 100 pages of content from incredible artists (both emerging and renowned) from around the world.
• Two or more artists will be selected to be published, in print, in Issue Four of the journal
• Selected artists will also be posted and promoted on social media outlets such as Instagram & Facebook under the Unvael brand
Learn More & Submit
**“Be the Generation” with Global Citizen
“Be the Generation to End Extreme Poverty.” Submit work to design the Admat that will be the centerpiece of Global Citizen’s campaign and used in a variety of ways, from social to experiential.
Global Citizen is a movement of engaged citizens using their collective voice to end extreme poverty by 2030. On their platform, Global Citizen’s community learns about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, takes action on those issues, and earns rewards for their actions — all as part of a global community committed to lasting change.
To celebrate the legacy of Nelson Mandela, Global Citizen is running a campaign asking citizens to “Be the Generation to End Extreme Poverty.” It will engage Global Citizens on the first six Global Goals towards ending extreme poverty: zero hunger, good health and well-being, quality education, gender equality, and clean water and sanitation all under the banner of “Be the Generation.” The admat design is the center creative piece of the campaign. The design(s) will act as the grounding visual identity for all campaign materials across digital and experiential. It should reflect their concert event admats, as music is a form of expression for Global Citizen, as well as include the greatest activists of our time, headlined by Nelson Mandela.
• 1 artist will be selected to have their work shown across the globe and receive $5000
• 2 artists will be selected to work with a dynamic organization, credited social media usage July - December 1, 2018 and receive $2000
• Be a part of a global movement and organization
Learn more & Submit
ETEREA Magazine’s TRI-STATE
ETEREA Magazine is excited to invite you to “TRI-STATE”, an open call to creators around the world who, through art, photography, or design, achieve that creative balance that only enhances the desire to imagine, invent, produce, and conceive ideas.
ETEREA Magazine invites you to participate, show your work to the world, and simultaneously explore your creative perspective through a deep conversation.
• 3 artists will be chosen to show their art in ETEREA’s online Magazineand across social media channels
• One artist will be selected in each creative area (Art, Photography and Design)
• Selected artists will have an exclusive and dedicated interview for the Iconoclast section in an interview to explore in depth part of your career
• Each selected artist will have an “Instagram Assault” during the 3-day period, where ETEREA will upload personalized content around each one's work in their Instagram channel
Learn More & Submit
Strange Ways Artist Invite
Strange Ways is a curated shop showcasing unique and unusual items for both wardrobe and home. Strange Ways focuses on smaller statement pieces like pins and patches that make it easy to add a bit of flair to everyday life. Strange Ways has been featured in Refinery29, GQ, Harper's Bazaar, Seventeen Magazine, BUST Magazine, and Design*Sponge.
Strange Ways is proud to work directly with small brands and support independent designers and artists, and takes great joy in introducing customers to new items and artists they haven't seen before. Strange Ways also works to create one-of-a-kind collaborations and exclusive items from artists, brands, and even pop culture faves like cast members of RuPaul’s Drag Race or cult films like Clueless and Mean Girls.
• 4 artists will be chosen to have their art turned into enamel pins
• 100 pins of each design will be produced and sold at Strange Ways
• An additional 25 pins will be gifted to each artist of their work
Learn More & Submit
Moonlight Artist Invite
“Moonlight” is an initiative to inspire the New Zealand creative community by connecting emerging and established talent through a common passion: moonlight projects.
“The brief? There is none. But that’s the whole point. See, magic happens after the hours of 9-5; for many, that’s when true creative flare ignites, sparked only by personal passion. That’s the type of work we’re looking for.
Painting, pottery, knitting, photography; we want to see whatever it is that gets you out of bed in the morning, and keeps you out of it at night. Submissions can be anything, as long as they demonstrate passion, and it happened above and beyond your course work."
Not only will Moonlighting projects be seen by a global audience of millions on Ello, but 12 students will have the exclusive opportunity to have their passion project selected for the upcoming Moonlight exhibition at Allpress Gallery in Auckland. If selected, artists will also be individually mentored by a respected industry leader, in preparation for the exhibition – where their work will be displayed alongside that of the mentors’.
• Exposure to a global audience of millions through Ello Artist Invite x DINZ Moonlight
• 12 students will be selected by 12 industry professionals to participate in the second phase: DINZ Moonlight Exhibition at Allpress Gallery Auckland
• These selected students will gain exposure through DINZ social media channels and PR around the exhibition
• Gain contacts and a foot in the door with established professionals within the NZ creative industries
Learn More & Submit
This Art Week’s Giveaways
Circle 21 Candles Giveaway
For anyone that likes to treat themselves, Texas-based @circle21candles creates hand-crafted, branded, premium soy-wax candles featuring an oversized cork. Comment through Thursday to win 1 of 5 candles of your choice. View more of the @iamthelab featured brand here.
Nick McFarlane Giveaway
Graphic “agitator” and author @nickmcfarlane designs striking and distinct propaganda-like artwork. Recently, we sat down with the author of “Spinfluence” in an exclusive interview (check that out here ). Comment this Wednesday through Saturday to win 1 of 3 copies of “Spinfluence”. View more of his work here.
Alex Foxley Giveaway
Barcelona-based multidisciplinary artist @alexfoxley creates fun, colorful and nostalgic designs. Just in time for Pride Month, comment this Thursday through Saturday to win an exclusive Pride-themed designed tee by the artist. View more of his work here.
Thomas Neulinger Giveaway
Austria-based artist and designer @thomasneulinger marries hard-edges, glitch art, and design and typography reminiscent of Gothic art. Comment this Saturday through Tuesday to win a print of the piece “Hard Sun” by the designer. View more of his work here.
Awesome background image by @daveywarren.
Missed a previous update? Find them all here.