Today we’re excited to start letting people test the new Ello WebApp. This has been a long time coming and represents a big step forward in our technology. To give you all a quick recap:
WebApp decouples the Ello UI from the backend. Moving forward the front end will simply consume the API, just like our iOS app and future Android app. This comes with some major performance benefits. For one we will be removing 50,000 lines of code which will make future development much more efficient. Maybe one of the biggest areas of improvement is mobile web. This is great news for people on Android during the run up to the Android App release.
We do have a handful of disclaimers:
- Login with your normal Ello username and password. Anything you do while using the preview will also appear on ello.co or iOS.
- Please don't share the preview link while testing.
- Account creation isn't yet working in the preview.
- WTF/Help Links also don't yet work.
- We are actively working on the Web App, so you will find bugs (please report these using the survey below), and there may be short outages.
So without further ado, go check out the WebApp:
And please send us your feedback using this survey:
Awesome background image by @nestorovilla.