Hi folks. This week we’re announcing some exciting updates to communities, announcing the selected artists for Production Paradise, and some sweet giveaways.
Quick Question we are considering splitting the Product Updates (features) from the Community Updates (artist invites, giveaways, etc). Product Updates would happen less frequently without a set schedule while Community Updates would still be weekly. Would you like to see the updates separated or keep them combined?
Our small engineering team has been putting a lot of time and thought into improving Ello’s categories, both in content and functionality. Read on for a few exciting updates.
We are testing new category curation tools. Right now we are privately inviting community leads to assist with our primary category curation to make sure everything is working as expected and is a good experience.
Soon we will be adding moderator roles. Moderators will be able to invite additional curators. Eventually you will be able to create your own community and assign moderators and curators as you see fit.
Not only will this lead to more exposure for more artists, but it will allow different editorial viewpoints to get highlighted along with those of our in-house curators.
Click “info” to open up our slick new sidebar to see a description of the community and who’s curating it.
Let’s give some 👏 to the folks who help discover and promote the work of our crazy talented creators.
What do you think?
Love it? Good. So do we.
Have some feedback? Leave us a comment – we’re all ears .
NEW: Submit Work for Issue Four of Unvael Magazine
Submit your work to be featured in Issue Four of Unvael.
Unvael, a print journal designated to showcase and promote unique artists and writers from around the world is looking for artwork, poetry, and writing for the fourth issue of their quarterly journal. Every issue of Unvael contains nearly 100 pages of content from incredible artists (both emerging and renowned) from around the world.
• Two or more artists will be selected to be published, in print, in Issue Four of the journal
• Selected artists will also be posted and promoted on social media outlets such as Instagram & Facebook under the Unvael brand
Learn More & Submit
Submit a Design for Humanoid Wakeboards
Submit your work for the opportunity to be a featured artist on Humanoid’s Creative Collective wakeboard series. Selected works will be printed and produced for the inaugural 2018 summer production run.
Selected artists will receive a 5% commission from the sale of wakeboards that feature their works. Naturally, you’ll also receive a wakeboard that showcases your contributed art.
The Creative Collective series highlights bold visual themes from both emerging and established artists through the unique canvas of board graphics.
• 1-8 Artists will be selected to have their works printed as the next Creator Collective graphic for our IO series wakeboard
• Artists will receive a 5% commission (net sales proceeds) on sales of wakeboards your work(s) is printed on
• Each Artist will have a featured profile located on Humanoid’s website, in addition to regular features in email campaigns, and social media posts across Facebook and Instagram
• 1 IO series wakeboard with your graphic
Learn More & Submit
Submit Your Work to Future Selves
@Designcollector and FutureFest (by Nesta, London) present “Future Selves”.
Submit your work to be featured at the pop-up exhibition“Future Selves” at FutureFest taking place on July 6-7 at London’s Tobacco Dock.
• The best 3 artworks selected by a prominent jury panel will join the pop-up exhibition during FutureFest, London, July 6-7
• Short-listed artists will be mentioned online on both Designcollector.net and DigitalDecade.net
• Selected artists will receive a free a 2-day pass to FutureFest taking place on 6-7 July at London’s Tobacco Dock
Learn More & Submit
ETEREA Magazine’s TRI-STATE
ETEREA Magazine is excited to invite you to “TRI-STATE”, an open call to creators around the world who, through art, photography, or design, achieve that creative balance that only enhances the desire to imagine, invent, produce, and conceive ideas.
ETEREA Magazine invites you to participate, show your work to the world, and simultaneously explore your creative perspective through a deep conversation.
• 3 artists will be chosen to show their art in ETEREA’s online Magazineand across social media channels
• One artist will be selected in each creative area (Art, Photography and Design)
• Selected artists will have an exclusive and dedicated interview for the Iconoclast section in an interview to explore in depth part of your career
• Each selected artist will have an “Instagram Assault” during the 3-day period, where ETEREA will upload personalized content around each one's work in their Instagram channel
Learn More & Submit
This Week’s Giveaways
NOICE Mag Giveaway
Photography and Art publication @noicemag curates a collection of “color play”, artist features and informative news. Inspired by the I-Ching (The Book of Changes) and the number 10, Lü, NOICE brings us the anticipated Issue 010 of their magazine. Comment through Thursday and win 1 of 4 issues. View more of their work here.
Blake Kathryn Giveaway
3D artist @blakekathryn creates new worlds with her virtual reality, vintage video game, neon-inspired work. Comment through Thursday to win a set of enamel pins by the artist. View more of her work here.
Felix Jackson Jr. Giveaway
With a minimal color palette and simple lines, artist and designer @allblacklongjohns body of work is well-rounded, often illustrating only 2 figures in a single artwork. Comment this Thursday through Saturday and win a “Make Me Feel like Paradise” tee from the artist. View more of his work here.
Ashwin Chako Giveaway
Ireland-based artist and designer @whackoink tells stories with his vibrant illustrations, animations and design. Comment this Saturday through Tuesday to win a print of “Adopted” by the artist. View more of his work here.
Awesome background image by @xomatok.
Missed a previous update? Find them all here.