Today is the day. The streams have been merged. Welcome to a single stream Ello. The team’s been running one stream for the better part of a week and loving it. We believe that after a day or three, you will too. As we mentioned in the last update, we are continuing to explore other ways to better to organize the things you love and the people you follow. More on this soon.
One Stream to Rule Them All
With the stream merger, the iOS app received a navigation facelift. We’re working hard to not only improve your Ello experience, but to simplify things while doing so. The new iOS nav is an example of the simplification we’re seeking to provide. We hope you enjoy it.
The navigation hierarchy changed as did some of the icons. From left to right:
Following / Discover / Omnibar (where you post) / Notifications / Avatar
The little house represents the “home” of your new single stream. The Discover icon is unchanged. The Omnibar got a big new button that lives prominently in the center, making it easy to start a new post from anywhere. The Notifications icon is unchanged. And your profile is now represented by your avatar, which is helpful especially if you manage multiple accounts.
In case you missed it, there was a prior iOS release (1.22) that supports logged out browsing. This new experience allows folks who download the app a little taste of our creative community before signing up.
So, go update your iOS app to 2.0 to get all the latest goodies.
New Category: Lawn Party
A daily collection of feminine style, fashion and beauty from up-and-coming designers, artists and brands.
- We fixed up an image processing bug where we were showing the temporary image and the processed image.
- We lost locations on web profiles. They are back now.
- We fixed a vulnerability in our code regarding markdown. The fix resulted in some bold and italic bugs (also impacted hashtags). All fixed now though.
- The comment editor wasn’t closing or clearing content. Fixed.
- The notification dot wasn’t dismissing when you had an announcement.
Awesome background image by @jabbathekid.