Yesterday I posted what I was thinking about social media and how it has been eating my life. I'm really talking about FB here and not so much other platforms. Livejournal, Insanejournal and myspace are/were all social media, but they did not consume my life. Also, ello is social media but I think it is absolutely Not the toxic mess that FB is. I like it here, I can check in a few times and see great art and read about cool ideas without getting sucked in for hours and hours.
What could I be doing instead if I walked away from FB?
I can tentatively answer this based on what I've been doing over the past week or two since I've cut back on time wasted on FB.
I could spend more time with/on:
1. my husband
2. My kids
3. my dog
4. my art
8. decluttering my cluttered home
9. meal planning/cooking/learning new ways to cook
10. repair and maintenance of all sorts of things I've been neglecting
11. Cleaning. Not fun maybe but definitely a good thing to do
12. Taking online classes/learning new things!
Theoretical things I haven't spent time on yet but Could:
- hanging out with my IRL friends
- visiting my mom
- actually writing the pathfinder game I promised the kids I'd make for them
- Checking out all the things there are to do IRL locally
- Find out if the cool bookstore a few towns over needs a little help, I could use the money!
- Finding ways to promote my shop more so I can make money