Thanks @todd, for letting me in.
Ello feels like a cross between Tumblr, Wordpress and Facebook without ads, customization, groups or voting. It is still in beta and more features are expected. One can feel overwhelmed and lost during the first few visits. This post is to minimize that for myself and my friends:
1. Tips on usage are here.
2. Formatting instructions are here.
3. There is (very) long list of supported emoji here.
4. Every user has two streams: Friends and Noise. Details here.
Not so basic:
1. Ello plans to support itself through paid features, to be rolled out later.
2. Official user is wtf.
3. User ello just posts "What's Hot" type stuff.
4. Posts can be edited and re-shared.
6. Policies/Rules can be found here.
7. User Feature-list, put the bar above, is essentially useless.
8. Android, iOS and Windows apps promised to come soon.
Public posts have public url which can be found by clicking 'share' icon under it. This means they can be shared as links anywhere on the internet - even on FB, Twitter, etc. For example, the link of this post is https://ello.co/mukt/post/O8aYFlOdrcPfylOE3PzK-Q
Still figuring out:
1. What do the icons on top of post composing block actually do?
2. Which of my friends are nerdy enough to use ello in beta stage?