Stop Smart Meters: Press Conference and Demonstration Thu Dec 18 8:30 am - 11 am @
California Public Utilities Commission
Thursday, December 18 8:30 AM
Van Ness at McAllister, San Francisco
Give CPUC President Michael Peevey the send-off into retirement that he deserves after a dozen years of corruption and complicity with corporate utilities.
Protest the CPUC’s proposed decisions in the ‘smart’ meter opt out proceedings. Show strength in unity against their proposals that:
• Ignore serious public safety hazards including toxic injuries, fires, homelessness, violations of privacy, higher bills, loss of meter readers, and no promised energy savings.
• Continue to impose coercive extortion opt out fees
• Violate laws, and deny customer and disability rights
• Prohibit opt-outs for communities, apartment buildings, and businesses
• Reward utility companies with millions $$$ more for smart grid failings
Join us in demanding that the CPUC:
• Reject the proposed decisions-6
• Rescind and refund ‘opt out’ extortion fees
• Halt the ‘smart’ meter program
Bring any other past or present grievances against the CPUC (toxic dumping, nuclear plants, gas line explosions, accessibility, public power, etc.)
Join in demanding:
• Criminal prosecution of CPUC President Peevey and others
• Shut down the aging and hazardous Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant
We will be raising our demands both outside before the meeting, as well as inside. Please come prepared to make some noise and be seen.
Wear black if you can. Rain or shine.
For more information about the proposed decisions, see StopSmartMeters.org