Sometimes, I can't help but re-visit old projects that never felt right. Though I completed the above pattern over a year ago, I recently sat down to make several improvements which included eliminating some objects, making the background brighter, and opening up the spacing between objects.
You can see the result below:
The main reason I wanted to update the pattern was that it's part of my Wes Anderson Plot Pattern series, and I thought it didn't feel consistent compared to the first one I did (The Grand Budapest Hotel, below).
Since I am doing these patterns in reverse chronological order, my next Wes Anderson inspired pattern will be Fantastic Mr. Fox, which I'm hoping to have completed by this fall season.