Here’s what’s dropping on Ello this week:
- An interview with Tim Lampe on his latest project, Morgenmete, a magazine all about breakfast.
- Some helpful info on how to design a poster for the Global Citizen Artist Invite (and earn some serious cash).
- Sweet giveaways.
Meet Creator Tim Lampe
Tim Lampe (@timlampe) is a casual professional specializing in art direction for underdog brands. His titles also include Art Director, Creative Partner at Very Clever, Founder of Future Photomakers and Creative Director of Morgenmete Journal.
Read the full interview.
Production Paradise Artist Invite
Submit photography that showcases your talent. Production Paradise is looking for photographers in one or more of the following categories: Advertising, Fashion, Beauty, Architecture & Interiors, Travel/Landscape/Documentary, Cars, Food & Drink, Lifestyle, Portrait, Sport, Still Life, Corporate and Industrial.
Production Paradise is a favorite tool of top art buyers and creative directors worldwide to connect to the best creative talent + services in the commercial photo and film industries.
• 3 photographers will be selected to be listed in the Production Paradise Directory
• 1 photographer will also receive a feature in the Spotlight Magazine of their specialty
• All three selected artists will be allowed to enter 2 free images into the Production Paradise Spotlight Awards for Photographic Excellence
Learn More & Submit
**“Be the Generation” with Global Citizen
“Be the Generation to End Extreme Poverty.” Submit work to design the Admat that will be the centerpiece of Global Citizen’s campaign and used in a variety of ways, from social to experiential.
Global Citizen is a movement of engaged citizens using their collective voice to end extreme poverty by 2030. On their platform, Global Citizen’s community learns about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, takes action on those issues, and earns rewards for their actions — all as part of a global community committed to lasting change.
To celebrate the legacy of Nelson Mandela, Global Citizen is running a campaign asking citizens to “Be the Generation to End Extreme Poverty.” It will engage Global Citizens on the first six Global Goals towards ending extreme poverty: zero hunger, good health and well-being, quality education, gender equality, and clean water and sanitation all under the banner of “Be the Generation.” The admat design is the center creative piece of the campaign. The design(s) will act as the grounding visual identity for all campaign materials across digital and experiential. It should reflect their concert event admats, as music is a form of expression for Global Citizen, as well as include the greatest activists of our time, headlined by Nelson Mandela.
• 1 artist will be selected to have their work shown across the globe and receive $5000
• 2 artists will be selected to work with a dynamic organization, credited social media usage July - December 1, 2018 and receive $2000
• Be a part of a global movement and organization
Learn more & Submit
ETEREA Magazine’s TRI-STATE
ETEREA Magazine is excited to invite you to “TRI-STATE”, an open call to creators around the world who, through art, photography, or design, achieve that creative balance that only enhances the desire to imagine, invent, produce, and conceive ideas.
ETEREA Magazine invites you to participate, show your work to the world, and simultaneously explore your creative perspective through a deep conversation.
• 3 artists will be chosen to show their art in ETEREA’s online Magazineand across social media channels
• One artist will be selected in each creative area (Art, Photography and Design)
• Selected artists will have an exclusive and dedicated interview for the Iconoclast section in an interview to explore in depth part of your career
• Each selected artist will have an “Instagram Assault” during the 3-day period, where ETEREA will upload personalized content around each one's work in their Instagram channel
Learn More & Submit
Strange Ways Artist Invite
Strange Ways is a curated shop showcasing unique and unusual items for both wardrobe and home. Strange Ways focuses on smaller statement pieces like pins and patches that make it easy to add a bit of flair to everyday life. Strange Ways has been featured in Refinery29, GQ, Harper's Bazaar, Seventeen Magazine, BUST Magazine, and Design*Sponge.
Strange Ways is proud to work directly with small brands and support independent designers and artists, and takes great joy in introducing customers to new items and artists they haven't seen before. Strange Ways also works to create one-of-a-kind collaborations and exclusive items from artists, brands, and even pop culture faves like cast members of RuPaul’s Drag Race or cult films like Clueless and Mean Girls.
• 4 artists will be chosen to have their art turned into enamel pins
• 100 pins of each design will be produced and sold at Strange Ways
• An additional 25 pins will be gifted to each artist of their work
Learn More & Submit
Moonlight Artist Invite
“Moonlight” is an initiative to inspire the New Zealand creative community by connecting emerging and established talent through a common passion: moonlight projects.
“The brief? There is none. But that’s the whole point. See, magic happens after the hours of 9-5; for many, that’s when true creative flare ignites, sparked only by personal passion. That’s the type of work we’re looking for.
Painting, pottery, knitting, photography; we want to see whatever it is that gets you out of bed in the morning, and keeps you out of it at night. Submissions can be anything, as long as they demonstrate passion, and it happened above and beyond your course work."
Not only will Moonlighting projects be seen by a global audience of millions on Ello, but 12 students will have the exclusive opportunity to have their passion project selected for the upcoming Moonlight exhibition at Allpress Gallery in Auckland. If selected, artists will also be individually mentored by a respected industry leader, in preparation for the exhibition – where their work will be displayed alongside that of the mentors’.
• Exposure to a global audience of millions through Ello Artist Invite x DINZ Moonlight
• 12 students will be selected by 12 industry professionals to participate in the second phase: DINZ Moonlight Exhibition at Allpress Gallery Auckland
• These selected students will gain exposure through DINZ social media channels and PR around the exhibition
• Gain contacts and a foot in the door with established professionals within the NZ creative industries
Learn More & Submit
This Week’s Giveaways
Diana Georgie Giveaway
Living and working in Los Angeles, artist @thecarmenlips creates vintage and tropical inspired paintings with a cheeky twist. Comment through Thursday to win a “Nasty” print from her “Pleasure Paradox” series. View more of her work here.
Weekender Supply Giveaway
Design shop/brainchild of designer, print maker and illustrator Marta Ryczko, @weekendersupply brings her colorful patterns and drawings to life. Comment Thursday through Saturday to win 1 of 5 “Coins of Destiny”; a subtle reminder to “give a damn or give no fucks”. View more of her work here.
Angela Smyth Giveaway
Inspired by her home in Calgary, illustrator and print maker @angelaesmyth creates beautiful ink illustrations of various species of animals and flora found in the Rockies. Comment Saturday through Thursday to win 1 of 3 “Tropicals” prints and “Crow” pins from the artist. View more of her work here.
Awesome background image by @tavo_.
Missed a previous update? Find them all here.