Happy Wednesday, folks. This week we want you to give us some feedback on Communities on Ello, we’re announcing a fresh artist invite with @etereamag, a round-up of geometry-inspired art, and don’t miss our interview with artist @normanduenas.
Meet Artist Norman Duenas
Brought to you by Talenthouse.
Norman Duenas is a freelance artist/apparel graphic designer currently based in California. His personal illustration/drawing/painting works utilizes a variety of artistic styles/techniques to better convey the meaning and emotions of each work. Norman has worked with The New York Times, Fab.com, and a couple different lifestyle clothing brands such as Sevenly, Threadless, California Limited, and other companies.
Read the full interview.
UPCOMING: ETEREA Magazine’s TRI-STATE
ETEREA Magazine is excited to invite you to “TRI-STATE”, an open call to creators around the world who, through art, photography, or design, achieve that creative balance that only enhances the desire to imagine, invent, produce, and conceive ideas.
ETEREA Magazine invites you to participate, show your work to the world, and simultaneously explore your creative perspective through a deep conversation.
• 3 artists will be chosen to show their art in ETEREA’s online Magazineand across social media channels
• One artist will be selected in each creative area (Art, Photography and Design)
• Selected artists will have an exclusive and dedicated interview for the Iconoclast section in an interview to explore in depth part of your career
• Each selected artist will have an “Instagram Assault” during the 3-day period, where ETEREA will upload personalized content around each one's work in their Instagram channel
Strange Ways Artist Invite
Strange Ways is a curated shop showcasing unique and unusual items for both wardrobe and home. Strange Ways focuses on smaller statement pieces like pins and patches that make it easy to add a bit of flair to everyday life. Strange Ways has been featured in Refinery29, GQ, Harper's Bazaar, Seventeen Magazine, BUST Magazine, and Design*Sponge.
Strange Ways is proud to work directly with small brands and support independent designers and artists, and takes great joy in introducing customers to new items and artists they haven't seen before. Strange Ways also works to create one-of-a-kind collaborations and exclusive items from artists, brands, and even pop culture faves like cast members of RuPaul’s Drag Race or cult films like Clueless and Mean Girls.
• 4 artists will be chosen to have their art turned into enamel pins
• 100 pins of each design will be produced and sold at Strange Ways
• An additional 25 pins will be gifted to each artist of their work
Moonlight Artist Invite
“Moonlight” is an initiative to inspire the New Zealand creative community by connecting emerging and established talent through a common passion: moonlight projects.
“The brief? There is none. But that’s the whole point. See, magic happens after the hours of 9-5; for many, that’s when true creative flare ignites, sparked only by personal passion. That’s the type of work we’re looking for.
Painting, pottery, knitting, photography; we want to see whatever it is that gets you out of bed in the morning, and keeps you out of it at night. Submissions can be anything, as long as they demonstrate passion, and it happened above and beyond your course work."
Not only will Moonlighting projects be seen by a global audience of millions on Ello, but 12 students will have the exclusive opportunity to have their passion project selected for the upcoming Moonlight exhibition at Allpress Gallery in Auckland. If selected, artists will also be individually mentored by a respected industry leader, in preparation for the exhibition – where their work will be displayed alongside that of the mentors’.
• Exposure to a global audience of millions through Ello Artist Invite x DINZ Moonlight
• 12 students will be selected by 12 industry professionals to participate in the second phase: DINZ Moonlight Exhibition at Allpress Gallery Auckland
• These selected students will gain exposure through DINZ social media channels and PR around the exhibition
• Gain contacts and a foot in the door with established professionals within the NZ creative industries
Learn More & Submit
This Week’s Giveaways
Back again for another giveaway, Indonesia-based visual artist @tobingdewi brings the “Yay or Nay?” series to Ello. Comment through Thursday to win an oversized graphic tee from the series. View more of her work here.
Jesse Pyysalo Giveaway
As #36DaysofType comes to an end, Finland-based graphic artist and designer @jessepyysalo creates crisp, graphic typography. Comment through Thursday to win 1 of 5 tees featuring typography designs from the 36 Days of Type series. View more work here.
Loïc Movellan Giveaway
French illustrator @loicmovellan creates cheeky and simple 4-panel comics. Comment this Thursday through Saturday to win 1 of 5 copies of his “Les Adventures Modernes” zine. View more of his work here.
Nicole Xu Giveaway
Brooklyn-based illustrator @nicolexu returns with a fresh giveaway, showcasing her range in her colorful, fantasy inspired illustrations. Comment this Saturday through Tuesday to win a framed print of “Wave” by the artist. View more of her work here.
Awesome background image by @azerty.
Missed a previous update? Find them all here.