The Pereda Palace is an old mansion located in the Plaza Carlos Pellegrini , at the beginning of the Avenida Alvear in Buenos Aires . Located at number 1130 of Arroyo Street , it was built by the physician and landowner Tomás Celedonio Pereda (1860-1941) and his wife Maria Justina Turned (1865-1942), member of a family of large landowners , as it was granddaughter Turned John Elias (1794-1858), resident of San Juan stay . It is currently the residence of the Ambassador of Brazil in Buenos Aires and home to the Cultural Space of the Embassy.
The ceilings of the rooms are designed by the Catalan painter Jose Maria Sert . The music room is called Après la pluie le beau temps. The round room presents the most lavish of the residence, the Queen of Sheba painting. The great hall has a painting hanging in the air acrobats. Dining painting represents the mocking episode in which Don Quixote is shaved by the ladies. They are also remarkable carpets, tapestries and curtains of the mansion.
The remarkable urban complex consisting of the palace and its surroundings reflect, like few other places in Buenos Aires, the strong influence of French architecture in Argentina , especially during the early twentieth century. Collaborate to strengthen the tone of the place Paris irregular layout of the streets of the French sector and undoubted image of several individuals, imposing and admirable design residences.